Saturday, July 2, 2011

Falling of the Diet CokeAchollic

Throughout my entire life I have had to prove to myself lessons that others can learn from others.  The lesson this week was related to my diet coke additction.  As many of you know, we had our internal quality survey this week at AFH which leads to a little extra stress.  I was not getting my daily work done so stayed up late to try to catch up.  This is where the addict feel off the wagon and fell victim to my diet coke addiction.  I was eight whole days without a soda and bam! three days of indulgence which led to a five pound weight gain.  I didn't eat the cookies, eclars, chips, candybars etc or even the delicious artichoke dip when those around me were enjoying.  Lesson learned (Traci-I am now a believer!) soda definately adds to weight gain.

I have been really impressed with my counterparts in this challenge who are working so hard to make needed changes in their life.  Bruce is especially inspiring as we spin next to each other in the mornings.  Great job guys, keep your eye on your goals and we can do this together.

If you ever want a good laugh, you should join us for a little Yoga with security and engineering.  We are there about 5:30 in the wellness center but there are no pictures allowed.

1 comment:

  1. You've done amazing, keep it up and don't be discouraged. I know what you mean about soda addiction. I was on vacation all last week, and I fell off the wagon hard. I am now 60 hours soda-free. It's a killer addiction to have.

    ReplyDelete