Thursday, June 23, 2011

Diet Coke Junkie

Being a Diet Coke addict I thought this would be one of the most difficult adjustments to make during this 100 days.  I am finding that giving up the Diet Coke hasn't been that big of a deal.  Traci told me that I wouldn't see near the results if I kept drinking carbonated water.  I have a ton of respect for Traci and took her up on the challenge.  If I am really going to make the lifestyle changes I need to then so be it-pour it down the drain.

The real challenge has been finding time to log my food, blog, attend the nutrition class and yes get up at 5:00 so I can get my exercise in before meetings start.  I have really enjoyed the changes in food choices we are making in our home.  My husband Rick is joining in on this journey at home so I will keep an update on occasion on how he is doing as well.  So far, he still thinks he needs chocolate milk and a Hostee cupcake before going to bed so we will see who has the best success.  After all, a calorie is a calorie as we learned in our nutrition class this morning.  If you want to safe it up for a reward, it might just work.

1 comment: