Saturday, June 18, 2011

Facing the facts

This week I have experienced a few firsts, first time I have blogged & first time I have journaled my food intake.  I have not loved the journaling piece as I have been in denial about all of the little snacks that I love throughout the day.  When you journal you have to be honest with yourself and count every morsel.  It has been really good for me so far and I hope to see some lifestyle changes just from this habbit.

I was able to meet with Tracy & my trainer yesterday.  It was an eye opener to get my numbers back and have them slap me in the face.  I know I have a strong family history of heart disease, so I don't know where the lack of motivation for changing my lifestyle came from.  It is now or never!  Tracy told me I was strong, I have always been strong headed but to have someone else recognize that your body is strong was a nice motivator.  I now need to take that strength and be strong in the ways that will lead to a healthy lifestyle.

Thank you for this opportunity.  I am committed not only for myself but also for my great husband who is making the changes in his lifestyle at home right along with me.  I am excited to see where we will end up at the end of this 100 day challenge and hope we have been able to make the needed lifestyle changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment